Hi Class! We’ve read a bit about bacteria and antibiotics this week. This is leading into our last Science unit on living things that cannot be seen by the naked eye. Post a summary and several discussion questions for one of the following topics:
- Learn about Sir Alexander Fleming and his Nobel Prize from “A Science Odyssey” on the PBS website.
- Read “Arms Race with a Superbug,” follow the interactive timeline, and find out how bacteria can be good for you.
- Watch a two minute trailer for the documentary, “Rise of the Superbugs”
- Watch a video about the dangers of giving antibiotics to livestock.
- Read about efforts in the U.S. to curb antibiotic use in livestock.
An excellent summary retells the big ideas in your own words. Following your summary, pose at least three open ended questions for your classmates to respond to. Open ended questions are thought provoking, requiring someone to give a detailed and supported response. Your post is due April 23, 2014.